Follow us on BlogLovin'!!!!!

Professional Reader

Tuesday 10 February 2015

New Release and Review : The Truth as he knows it (Perspectives #1), by A.M. Arthur

Blurb : 
Lies are the chains that keep you weighed down at rock bottom.
Officer Noel Carlson isn’t out to anyone in small-town Stratton, Pennsylvania, only to distant friends and family, so a relationship is out of the question. That doesn’t stop him from wanting one, though.

When a night-shift call brings him face to thonged butt with a hired stripper whose girl-party gig went terribly wrong, Noel takes pity on the guy and lets him go. But he can’t get the encounter out of his mind.

Shane has big-time debts to repay, especially to the brother who sacrificed nearly everything for him. His two jobs, in a deli and as a stripper, leave him no time for a social life. But a non-date of hot sex and takeout food with Noel? He can squeeze that in.

The bond they form is stronger than either expected or wanted. Especially since the step Shane’s about to take to put his brother—and his soul—back in the black isn’t quite legal. And he never calculated just how much his determination to make things right will cost him in the end.

Warning: Following on from the Cost of Repairs series, this book contains a closeted cop who’s looking for love, an indebted stripper who doesn’t believe he’s worthy, and a tasteful abundance of dirty guy sex. Also contains references to past physical abuse some readers may find disturbing.
 


 My Review : 

Emotions. That’s the power of this book. The way the author captivated me to each character’s emotions. I wanted to yell, laugh, love and cry with them. I wanted to slap some sense in to them and then hug them and tell them “everything will be OK”.
I liked the subplots, even if I’m not sure why one of them was used.
I know it’s really general, but I love the way this book is written. I can’t really put my finger on it, but my feeling was “all these things have happened, I must be close to the end”, but then I looked at the percentage and I wasn’t even close to finishing. For me, this is a good thing, ‘cause I really didn’t want this story to end.
One other thing that got me hooked up, was the magnitude of surprises. Of course there would be surprises ad of course we all expecting one of the big ones, but the other ones were simply amazing! The way they came and the way the characters were facing them, it truly was unexpectedly amazing.
It’s a recommended read for those that like M/M books, that do not revolve around sex, but have a very good story line.


Goodreads link : 

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/23358161-the-truth-as-he-knows-it

Amazon US : 

http://www.amazon.com/Truth-He-Knows-Perspectives-Book-ebook/dp/B00ODW2IEM

No comments:

Post a Comment